The Crestron® USB over Twisted Pair Extender (USB-EXT) delivers reliable USB signal extension for use in a boardroom, classroom, auditorium, command center, or residence. Without any special setup or configuration, the USB-EXT enables wire runs up to 100 meters (330 feet) over a single, low-cost twisted-pair cable.
The USB-EXT is compatible with USB 1.1 and High-Speed USB 2.0, supporting virtually any USB device such as keyboards and mice, game controllers, cameras, mobile devices, printers, hubs, and memory devices. It is compatible with Windows® and Mac® computers without requiring any additional drivers.
The USB-EXT is composed of two extender components. The "local" extender connects to your computer or other USB host, while the "remote" extender provides connections for your USB devices at some remote location. Linking the two extender components requires just one run of inexpensive CAT 5 (or better) twisted-pair cable.
- Extends USB signals 100 meters over CAT5 twisted-pair cable
- USB 1.1 and 2.0 compatible
- Provides 2 ports for USB devices
- Supports up to 3 USB hubs (see specifications)
- Works reliably without any programming or configuration
- 24VDC power pack included