With its clean, contoured appearance, the Isys® TPMC-4SMD-FD Designer Touch Screen from Crestron® makes an elegant statement in any environment. Perfectly at home in the most contemporary residence or modern office building, its high-tech good looks underline its power for simplifying everyday tasks and functions throughout any facility, all in a very affordable device that's versatile and easy to install. It mounts over a standard electrical box or small hole on a wall or similar surface, achieving a thin profile and small footprint.
The TPMC-4SMD-FD packs our latest digital touch screen technology powered by the groundbreaking Cores 3 UI™, delivering amazing new control and graphics capabilities, plus H.264 streaming video and Rava™ SIP Intercom, cohesively merged into one seamless user interface. Other features include white LED backlit buttons, built-in proximity sensor, PoE network power, and occupancy sensor inputs.
Advanced Touch Screen Control
A Crestron touch screen offers an ideal user-interface for controlling all the technology in your home, boardroom, classroom, courtroom, or command center. Touch screens do away with piles of remote controls, cluttered wall switches, and cryptic computer screens, simplifying and enhancing the way you use technology. Crestron touch screens are fully-customizable for controlling home theater, multimedia presentation, audio, video, lighting, HVAC, and other systems — with easy-to-use controls and icons, true feedback and real-time status display, live streaming video, and advanced navigation of digital media servers, tuners, and other devices.
Powered by Core 3™
Crestron touch screens have always offered the ultimate user experience. With Core 3 UI, they also deliver the ultimate value, enabling the creation of dynamically rich user interfaces with incredible efficiency and unparalleled functionality. Using Core 3 UI, programmers can swiftly integrate fluid gesture-driven controls, animated feedback, metadata, and video for a deeply engaging and ultra-intuitive touch screen experience.
Some Core 3 UI enhancements:
- Cool-looking graphical buttons, sliders, knobs, and gauges are intuitive and fun to use.
- Kinetic effects enhance the feeling of realism with lists and toolbars that scroll with momentum at the flick of a fingertip.
- Drag-and-drop objects snap into place offering an easy way to assign assets to rooms.
- Desktop widgets personalize the touch screen with animated clocks, calendars, weather, news, and other information.
- Customizable themes allow a completely different look and feel for every user, event, or season.
- Fully-developed SmartObjects™ enable sophisticated control over complex devices with minimal programming.
- SmartScaling™ resizes objects perfectly and instantly for faster GUI development — even across different sized touch screens.
White Backlit Buttons
The TPMC-4SMD-FD comes standard with 10 programmable "hard key" pushbuttons for quick access to commonly used functions. Each button features a translucent button cap with white LED backlighting. The backlighting is fully dimmable, either globally or separately for the left side and right side. Alternately, each button LED can be programmed to provide discrete feedback, affording clear indication of the status of each individual button.
The TPMC-4SMD-FD comes standard with its buttons pre-labeled for typical room control functions. Customized labeling can be attained using Crestron Engraver software. Or, for a clean appearance, either column of buttons may be removed and covered using the no-button covers provided.
The TPMC-4SMD-FD senses as you approach it, waking its display automatically without having to touch the screen so it's always ready for use.
High-performance streaming video capability makes it possible to view security cameras and other video sources over the network right on the touch screen. Native support for H.264 and MJPEG formats allows the TPMC-4SMD-FD to display live video images from Web cameras and servers such as the Crestron CEN-NVS200 Network Video Streamer.
Rava™ SIP Intercom
Rava SIP Intercom Technology enables hands-free VoIP communication between any two Rava-enabled Crestron touch screens. Rava works over Ethernet, supporting 2-way intercom, video intercom, paging, and room monitoring without any special wiring. VoIP phone capability is also possible through integration with an SIP-compatible IP phone system or SIP server, allowing hands-free telephone functionality complete with speed-dialing, caller ID, custom ringers, and other enhancements. Built-in echo cancellation affords true-duplex performance for clear, seamless voice communication using the TPMC-4SMD-FD's integrated microphone and speakers.
Customized WAV files can be loaded on the TPMC-4SMD-FD to add another dimension to its touch screen graphics using personalized sounds, button feedback, and voice prompts.
A simple Ethernet LAN connection is all that is required to wire the TPMC-4SMD-FD, containing all control, video, intercom, and power signals within a single wire.
Power over Ethernet
The TPMC-4SMD-FD gets its power right through the LAN wiring using 802.3af PoE technology. PoE (Power over Ethernet) eliminates the need for a local power supply or any dedicated power wiring. A PoE Injector (PWE-4803RU) simply connects inline with the LAN cable, allowing for installation at any convenient location. Crestron PoE switches (CEN-SW-POE-5 or CEN-SWPOE-24) may also be used to provide a total networking solution with built-in PoE.
Crestron GLS-series room occupancy sensors can be connected directly to the TPMC-4SMD-FD to allow automation of the room's lighting, climate control, and other devices.
Simple, Versatile Mounting
The TPMC-4SMD-FD installs easily using a 1-gang or 2-gang electrical box or a 2-gang UK electrical box. It can also be attached directly to drywall and other surfaces over the front of a roughly 2 inch square hole. It requires just 1/2-inch mounting depth while protruding less than an inch from the wall surface.
- Modern, contoured appearance
- Thin profile and small footprint
- Affordable and easy to install
- 4.3" widescreen color touch screen
- 16-bit color graphics powered by Core 3™
- 800 x 480 WVGA display resolution
- Native H.264 streaming video for viewing Web cameras and other sources
- Rava™ SIP Intercom and phone technology
- Full-duplex voice communication
- WAV file customizable audio feedback
- Built-in microphone and speaker
- Built-in proximity sensor
- 10 optional "hard key" pushbuttons
- White LED button backlighting and feedback
- Custom engravable button text
- Room occupancy sensor option
- Single-wire Ethernet connectivity
- PoE network powered
- Surface mountable over a 2" square hole or wall box
- Available with black or white smooth finish