The DMC-HD is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one HDMI® input, with associated HDMI pass-through and analog audio outputs. A USB HID port is also provided. The HDMI input handles Full HD 1080p video signals with support for HDCP, Deep Color, 3D, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. The HDMI input can also handle DVI and DisplayPort Multimode signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
NOTE: Refer to model DMC-HD-DSP for use with surround sound sources. Refer to models DMC-4K-HD and DMC-4K-HD-DSP for applications requiring support for higher resolutions up to 4K.
Every DM switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the input signal through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
The DMC-HD also includes an unbalanced analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digital input and fed to a multiroom audio distribution system. The output volume is adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
NOTE: For applications requiring the simultaneous distribution of multichannel surround sound and 2-channel stereo audio signals, use model DMC-HD-DSP.
Built-in USB HID signal routing allows a connected computer (or other USB HID-compliant host) to be controlled by a mouse and/or keyboard located at a presentation lectern, conference table, or some other remote location. Expanded USB signal routing capability is available using Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders.
CEC Embedded Device Control
DigitalMedia offers an alternative to conventional IR and RS-232 device control by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to a Crestron control system (via the DM switcher), the DMC-HD provides a gateway for controlling the connected source device right through the HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
Standalone HDMI Problem Solver
In addition to its use as an input card for DM switchers, the DMC-HD may also be used with the DMCI DigitalMedia Card Interface to provide a handy problem-solving tool with many useful functions. It can be used to extract an analog audio signal from an HDMI stream, to provide a gateway for CEC device control, and to extend a USB HID mouse/keyboard signal over Ethernet. It can also be used to detect a device’s video and audio information, manage its EDID, and assess its HDCP capabilities.
To configure a DM switcher complete with input and output cards, cables, and other peripherals, please use the online DigitalMedia Switcher Configuration Tool.
Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single HDMI® input
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- Includes an HDMI output for pass-through of the input signal
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control 
- Allows extraction of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Enables device control via CEC
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local computer
- Compatible with Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders 
- Occupies a single DM switcher input card slot
- Provides an HDMI problem solving solution using the optional DMCI card interface