The DMC-S2 is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one DM 8G® SM Fiber input, with associated HDMI® pass-through and analog audio outputs. The DM 8G SM Fiber input enables the connection of a DM 8G SM Fiber transmitter, or the output of another DM® switcher, using a single strand of single-mode fiber.
The DMC-S2-DSP provides all the features of the DMC-S2 with the addition of downmixing to enable the simultaneous distribution of multichannel 7.1 surround sound and 2-channel stereo signals. It is recommended for use with surround sound sources to allow the original multichannel signal to be distributed to rooms with surround sound systems, while simultaneously distributing a 2-channel downmix signal to stereo-only rooms and devices.
DigitalMedia 8G™ Single-Mode Fiber
Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G Single-Mode Fiber (DM 8G SM Fiber) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over single-mode fiber. DM 8G SM Fiber handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for HDCP, Deep Color, 3D, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. All signals are transported over one strand of single-mode fiber, supporting distances up to 7.5 miles (12 km) using CresFiber® 8G SM or G.652.D single-mode fiber optic cable.
Every DM switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the input signal through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
Audio Extracting and Downmixing
The DMC-S2-DSP also includes an unbalanced analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digital input and fed to a multiroom audio distribution system. Built-in DSP allows multichannel surround sound signals to be decoded and downmixed to stereo. The stereo downmix signal is automatically routed to the analog output, and can also be routed via any switcher output for distribution to stereo-only displays and other equipment. The analog output includes volume control that is adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
Standalone DM 8G SM Fiber Receiver
In addition to its use as an input card for DM switchers, the DMC-S2-DSP may also be used with the DMCI DigitalMedia Card Interface to provide a DM 8G SM Fiber receiver solution that's perfect for installation in an equipment rack or AV cart, or as a portable display interface.
To configure a DM switcher complete with input and output cards, cables, and other peripherals, please use the online DigitalMedia Switcher Configuration Tool.
Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single DM 8G® SM Fiber input
- Supports cable lengths up to 7.5 miles (12 km) using CresFiber® 8G SM or G.652.D single-mode fiber 
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- Includes an HDMI® output for pass-through of the input signal
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control
- Allows extraction of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Built-in downmixing enables simultaneous distribution of multichannel surround sound and 2-channel stereo audio signals
- Occupies a single DM Switcher input card slot
- Provides a rack-mountable DM 8G Fiber receiver solution using the optional DMCI card interface