The Crestron® MP-AMP30 provides a convenient, low-cost audio amplifier solution for a variety of applications. A perfect complement to the entire Media Presentation line from Crestron, it features a compact surface-mountable design that installs virtually anywhere without requiring an equipment rack. The MP-AMP30 meets the requirements of UL 2043 for installation in an environmental air-handling (plenum) space, such as above a suspended ceiling.
High-efficiency Class D circuitry delivers 15 Watts per channel to drive one or two pairs of 8 Ohm speakers, or a single pair of 4 Ohm speakers, making it ideal to support stereo speakers at the front of a room or mono speakers in the ceiling. Mono-summed operation is enabled by changing two jumpers on the front panel.
Refined, reliable operation is ensured thanks to pop-free turn-on circuitry and electronic short-circuit and overload protection. An energy-saving design achieves optimum efficiency under load, and also powers down automatically when no input signal is detected for more than 5 minutes, reducing overall power consumption and heat as part of a green system design. Its extruded aluminum housing is both attractive and effective at dissipating heat, affording a silent running design without cooling fans.
Installation and setup of the MP-AMP30 is simple. Detachable output connectors facilitate the termination of speaker wiring up to 16 gauge. RCA inputs connect directly to the line output of a video projector or display, audio processor, mixer, or AV switcher. Rotary controls provide for adjusting the overall speaker volume, as well as bass and treble. For quiet environments, loudness compensation is employed by setting the volume control below the center detent position.
- Compact surface mount power amplifier
- 15 Watts per channel into 8 or 4 Ohms
- Stereo or mono-summed operation
- High-efficiency Class D topology
- Energy saving design reduces power consumption when idle
- Convection cooled for noiseless operation
- Simple volume, bass, and treble adjustments
- Built-in loudness contour circuit
- Electronic short-circuit and overload protection
- Detachable terminal block speaker connections
- Unbalanced RCA line inputs, 3' cable included
- UL 2043 compliant for installation within a plenum-rated suspended ceiling